Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:15:52 +0200
From: Ivan PRICE <ivan.price@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [thredds] EPSG 3857 (google maps / 900913) in TDS 4.2.5

Ok thanks Jon,

i tried upgrading the version of geotoolkit-bundle-referencing.jar but
it resulted in java exceptions when i did getMap requests.

I then had a poke around in the file: epsg-wkt.jar and noticed that it
was missing an entry for epsg 3857

3857=PROJCS["WGS 84 / Pseudo-Mercator",GEOGCS["Popular Visualisation
CRS",DATUM["Popular_Visualisation_Datum",SPHEROID["Popular Visualisation

adding the above line to the file gets the WMS maps
working, but they are shifted to the north by about 14km.  I have to add
that bogus false northing to get them to line up properly.. ok for now
but theres something screwy going on somewhere. maybe my definition i
added is bad ? i got it from here: