Re: [thredds] Trouble with Godiva viewer

Hi Roy,

The Godiva2 viewer makes a number of AJAX requests (with JSON responses) to the
WMS itself - i.e. the root URI of all these requests is the same as the WMS.
For example:

http://behemoth.nerc-essc.ac.uk/ncWMS/wms?item=layerDetails&layerName=ORCA1_mv01_MONTHLY_assim_exp18%2Fsossheig&time=2011-03-28T10%3A20%3A14Z&request=GetMetadata

gets the details of the given layer.

You could try going to our demo Godiva2 site (http://www.reading.ac.uk/godiva2)
and using something like Firebug to sniff the traffic to the server.  There is
no proxying here so it should be reasonably straightforward.  Be warned that
our Godiva2 server has been showing problems recently so you may see some
errors!

I've never tried any kind of proxying between Godiva2 and the WMS - any
experience you gather here would be very welcome!

HTH,
Jon