Re: [thredds] NCML Service

Hi James,

There are a few different aspects to netCDF-Java and TDS support for
NcML (listed below). I believe the first is where your Panoply and IDV
questions arise.

1) The netCDF-Java library can open an NcML file as a dataset. That NcML
can fully define the dataset or it can modify an existing dataset.

2) The TDS can make the dataset defined by some NcML available through
the various TDS services. The NcML can be included in or referenced by a
TDS configuration catalog.

3) The service Dave mentioned returns a (possibly enhanced) NcML
representation of a dataset.

Hope that clarifies things.

Ethan