Re: [thredds] Thredds Opendap Dataset Access Form "Get as NetCDF"

Hi Derrick,

The THREDDS Data Server (TDS) does not support a "Get as netCDF" option
on the OPeNDAP Dataset Access Form. However, it does support a separate
NetCDF Subset Service (NCSS). Here is an example NCSS page for a dataset
on one of our servers:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/ncss/grid/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/CONUS_191km/files/GFS_CONUS_191km_20100821_1800.grib1/dataset.html

The NCSS only works on datasets that the TDS recognizes as gridded data.
There are details on that and how to configure the TDS to serve datasets
using NCSS here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/reference/NetcdfSubsetService.html

Hope that helps,

Ethan