[thredds] thredds 4.1 fresh install - howto locate and modify both threddsConfig.xml and catalog.xml

Hi All,

I have a very basic question. I read the documentation but the question remains.

I have a thredds 4.1 fresh install for which I want to modify threddsConfig.xml and catalog.xml files. In the default install, these 2 files are found in 3 different folders (WEB-INF/altContent/startup, WEB-INF/altContent/idd/thredds and WEB-INF/altContent/motherlode/thredds). Which ones are the main TDS configuration and catalog files?

I presumed the main TDS configuration catalog and catalog files were in folder WEB-INF\altContent\startup, I tried to modify the catalog.xml and restarted Tomcat so the TDS would reinitialized but I did not see any differences! Is there something I am missing? Am I in the proper main TDS folder?

Regards,

Stephane

Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
Geography Department, Burnside Hall
McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
http://geog.mcgill.ca
Stephane.Poirier2@xxxxxxxxx
Cell. (514) 994-3532
Fax: (514) 509-8833
Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
3532 rue Sainte-Famille, Apt. 4
Montreal, QC, H2X 2L1, Canada
http://www.oifii.org
stephane.poirier@xxxxxxxxx