Re: [thredds] WMS service not supported?

Hi Kevin:

Just a wild guess, but check permissions/ownership on all files and directories
involved.

-Roy

On Mar 12, 2010, at 9:37 AM, Kevin L. Manross wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been going through the TDS tutorial (which is quite helpful, by the way)
> and have been able to serve my data (testing on my workstation).  I've been
> trying to set up the WMS capability, but seem to have run into a wall.
> My catalog.xml looks like:
> <service name="all" base="" serviceType="compound">
>   <service name="odap" serviceType="OpenDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/" />
>   <service name="http" serviceType="HTTPServer" base="/thredds/fileServer/" />
>   <!--service name="wcs" serviceType="WCS" base="/thredds/wcs/" /-->
>   <service name="wms" serviceType="WMS" base="/thredds/wms/" />
>   <!--service name="ncss" serviceType="NetcdfSubset" base="/thredds/ncss/"
> /-->
> </service>
>
> <datasetRoot path="test" location="content/testdata/" />
>
> <datasetScan name="Test WDSSII Data" ID="testWDSSIIData" path="TestAllWDSSII"
> location="/mnt/home/manross/Projects/WDSSII_NetCDF/THREDDS_Install/Data">
>    <metadata inherited="true">
>       <serviceName>all</serviceName>
>       <dataType>Grid</dataType>
>   </metadata>
>
> </datasetScan>
>

> and my threddsConfig.xml looks like:
>

> <WMS>
>   <allow>true</allow>
>   <paletteLocationDir>pallettes/</paletteLocationDir>
>   <ogcMetaXML>OGCMeta.xml</ogcMetaXML>
>   <dir>/tmp/ncache/</dir>
>   <scour>15 min</scour>
>   <maxAge>30 min</maxAge>
> </WMS>
>
> I've moved the pallettes directory and the OGCMeta.xml to
> tomcat6/content/thredds
> and restarted the tomcat server, but whenever I try to connect via my web
> browser, or the toolsUI FeatureType/WMS capability, I get a "forbidden"
> response.
>
> Can someone shed a little light on to what I'm missing?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> -kevin.
>

> --
> +-----------------------------------------------------+
> Kevin L. Manross           |  ** New Address **
> CIMMS Research Associate   |     120 David L. Boren Bvd
> NSSL : WRDD : SWAT         |     Rm 3923
> <kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx>   |     405.325.6385
> www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross |
> "My opinions are my own and not representative of
> CIMMS, NSSL, NOAA or any affiliates"

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst