Re: [thredds] geospaticalCoverage metadata information

Hi Roland,

Looking again ...

Roland Schweitzer wrote:

I create an aggregation with these files and include the following in a <metadata> element.

<geospatialCoverage>
                                                <northsouth>
<start>-90</start>
                                                        <size>73</size>
                                                </northsouth>
                                                <eastwest>
                                                </eastwest>
 </geospatialCoverage>

When I look at the HTML of the THREDDS catalog using TDS (Implementation-Version: 3.16.32) I get this:

      GeospatialCoverage:

    * / Longitude: / 0.0 to 144.0 Resolution=2.5 degrees_east
    * / Latitude: / -90.0 to -17.0 Resolution=2.5 degrees_north

Have I misinterpreted the documentation, is this a bug in TDS, or what?

... I think it is a misinterpretation of the documentation.

The range is defined using the start and size (extent) of the range, so the range is [start, start+size]. The range is then output using the start and end values of the range: [start, end]. So, a start of -90 and size of 73 result in [-90, -17].

This one is pretty easy to get tripped up on as start/end seems more natural, certainly for me anyway. Let me know if we could clarify our documentation somewhere.

Hope this helps,

Ethan

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690