Reference time in aggregated files

Hi:

This question has arisen working with a partner - and while I am pretty certain I know the answer to this question, I want to make sure what is the correct answer.

The netcdf files that these people are creating have a changing reference time fin the files. So, for example, say they are creating monthly files, then the 12 files for any year all have the same base reference data (the start of that year), and this changes with each year.

My guess is that this will most likely break the aggregation - and if not at least slow it down considerably. Is my guess correct?

TIA,

-Roy M.
--

e-mail: Roy.Mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx (Note new e-mail address)