Re: Fwd: [GSN] Updated TIE matrix

Yes, Ethan is right, its a bug in the TDS when the number of vert coords < 3.
Ill have it fixed in the next release.

Ethan Davis wrote:
Hi Dan, Rudolf,

I'm not sure why there are no coverages for these datasets. I don't think it has to do with the variable metadata (it seems to have everything it might need) and the lat/lon information seems fine. I'm going to guess it is because these variables have a vertical dimension, even though with just one point.

Here's the same dataset on our server via WCS:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/wcs/global/testdata/GFS_Global_0p5deg_20060427_0600.grib2?request=GetCapabilities&version=1.0.0&service=WCS

and via OPeNDAP (this is the data description info):

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/model/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p5deg/GFS_Global_0p5deg_20060427_0600.grib2.dds

It looks like only those variables that don't have vertical dimensions are being shown in WCS.

John is out till Wednesday but I'll take a look at the code to double check this (probably not till tomorrow).

Dan, if it makes sense, you might want to try creating one of these without the vertical dimension to see if that works.

Ethan

dan.swank wrote:

Folks,
I have not dealt with this before.
I need some guidance here.  Can you please provide an example of what
one of these should look like in order for your application to utilize it?

Ethan:  where would I begin to add this infomation?  in the catalog.xml
or in the NetCDF file metadata?  A Pointer to any docs would also help.

As another note, I've created a global dataset as mentioned in the
telecon this morning @:
http://eclipse.ncdc.noaa.gov:9090/thredds/catalog.html?cmd=subset&catalog=http://eclipse.ncdc.noaa.gov:9090/thredds/gfsmon/catalog.xml&dataset=gfsmon/globaldomain.nc

-Dan