[THREDDS #MIN-918666]: Inherited metadata within <aggregation>

Hi Jerome,

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by including metadata in your
aggregation elements. Do you want the metadata to be part of the resulting
aggregated dataset in the catalog the server makes available? Or are you trying
to modify each dataset that is being included in the aggregation before it gets
aggregated?

If the former, probably your best bet is to add the metadata at the dataset
level. If the latter, you could use NCML to wrap each dataset that is being
aggregated and point to that wrapped dataset in the aggregation.

The NCML XML Schema does not define the aggregation element in a way that
allows metadata child elements. I'm guessing that the server ignores the
metadata as we try to be pretty lenient when we read catalogs.

Ethan

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: MIN-918666
Department: Support THREDDS