Re: NWP Forecast Data

Hi Ben:

Im afraid nothing too coherent or detailed. An overview is at:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/index.html

More details are at:

 http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/docs/

Ben Burford wrote:
Hi John,

I don't have the data right now.  Its being prepared at the Max Planck Insti
tute in Germany.  I'll try to get some files but I don't know how quickly I'
ll be able to do it.

Timeframe, within "the next few months" would be good.  Right now the timing
 is a little fuzzy.

I don't have a very clear understanding of the functions that a THREDDS serv
er will perform.  Do you have a (some) power point file(s), or maybe a pdf f
ile, that overviews the THREDDS server operations and explains the functions
 that it will perform?

Thanks very much,

Ben