Re: converting from "classic" Unidata ag. server to TDS

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 10:57, Bjørge Solli wrote:
> On Friday 13 January 2006 23:04, Steve Hankin wrote:
> > We have quite a number of aggregations configured under the old "Unidata
> > Aggregation Server" that we'd like to convert to the NcML-based XML
> > needed for the new THREDDS (TDS) server.
> >
> > Has anyone messed with developing an XSLT-style tool to make this
> > conversion easier?
>
> I didn't use XSLT, but I do have a perl-script making the xml-files from
> scratch. Probably our needs are different than yours, but if you like you
> can get a look at it. It has capabilities of merging several directories
> with netcdf-files into one xml-file. It should be fairly easy to make it
> produce several xml-files instead. Because of our server-topology we cannot
> use the scanning-functionality in thredds, but this should also be fairly
> easy to alter. Please email me privetely if interested since I'm not very
> keen on putting it on the web.

Steve thinks that others might be glad if I make the script available, so I've
decided to do that:

http://www.nersc.no/~bjorges/genxml/

If you have any suggestions please let me know. The webpage is fairly basic,
so to understand the script you still probably need to look at the code.

--
Bjørge Solli - Office:+47 55205847 cellph.:+47 91614343
Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center - Bergen, Norway