Re: Guidelines for Mersea Data Provider: Quick OpenDAP Installation & Configuration Guide

  • To: Frederique Blanc <fblanc@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Guidelines for Mersea Data Provider: Quick OpenDAP Installation & Configuration Guide
  • From: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:42:45 -0600
Frederique Blanc wrote:

Dear all

This document has been written within the scope of Mersea (http://www.mersea.eu.org <http://www.mersea.eu.org/>)

It gives guidelines (our feedback) to Mersea data provider on which OpenDAP to select, how to find easily the information as well as our feedback on the Grads and Aggregation Data Server (GDS and AS) for installation, configuration & Mersea federating operations.

It is in a draft version and *we still are in an iteration process to produce a good reference document. *For any correction or enhancements, please iterate with webmaster-mersea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:webmaster-mersea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and help us improve this reference document.

Note:
The current release of the document is available at http://w3.mersea.eu.org/html/remote_sensing/framework.html#distribution where you will find also all information on our

    common unified framework for product coherency and standardisation
    which is needed to facilitate the visibility, understanding and
    exchange of the ocean observing data.

Thank your for your feedback
Frederique

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frederique Blanc

CLS, Direction Océanographie Spatiale
Département Produits et Services
8-10 rue Hermes,
31526 Ramonville-St-Agne, Cedex, France

Email: blanc@xxxxxx
Tel: (+33) (0) 561 394 768
Fax: (+33) (0) 561 393 782
Internet:
http://www.cls.fr
<http://www.cls.fr/>http://www.jason.oceanobs.com
<http://www.jason.oceanobs.com/>http://www.mercator-ocean.fr
<http://www.mercator-ocean.fr/>http://www.mersea.eu.org <http://www.mersea.eu.org/>

Hi Frederique:

FYI, we plan to replace the Aggregation Server with equivilent functionality in the THREDDS Data Server, probably in the next 6 months. The configuration will be somewhat different and hopefully easier. We will not support the AS after that point, and encourage people to wait if possible.

Regards,

John Caron
Unidata