Re: 20050519: IDV - Eumetsat CLM GRIB2 file

Markus,

sorry about the long response time but we have been swamped with getting
all the data on Unidata's IDD system decoded properly. we looked at your
sample file and can actually decode it. the problem is we need to code the
projection 90 Space View Perspective or Orthographic and that is not an
easy task. also we are not familar with this projection. at this point we
don't have the time to code it because of the above tasks and also
Unidata's coming workshops in 2 weeks. i am not saying that
we will not code it, but when we will have the time to code it i cannot
say.  that about the best i can say, i know it's not positive.

thanks,
robb...

                        Header : GRIB
                    Discipline : 3 Space products
                  GRIB Edition : 2
                   GRIB length : 3444913
            Originating Center : 254 EUMETSAT Operation Centre
        Originating Sub-Center : 0
Significance of Reference Time : 3 Observation time
                Reference Time : 2005:4:18T12:0:0
                Product Status : 1 Operational test products
                  Product Type : 6 Processed satellite observations
         Number of data points : 13778944
                     Grid Name : 90 Space View Perspective or Orthographic
                     Grid Shape: 3 Earth oblate spheroid with axes
specified by produ
cer
        Oblate earth major axis: 6378.14
        Oblate earth minor axis: 6356.7554
Number of points along parallel: 3712
Number of points along meridian: 3712
Latitude of sub-satellite point: 0.0
  Longitude of sub-satellite pt: 0.0
  Resolution & Component flags : 0
         i direction increment : 3566.0
         j direction increment : 3561.0
 X-coordinate of sub-satellite : 1856.0001
 Y-coordinate of sub-satellite : 1856.0001
                 Scanning mode : 192
                   Basic angle : 0
        Altitude of the camera : 7.4533146E8
        X-coordinate of origin : 0.0
        Y-coordinate of origin : 0.0
            Product Definition : 30 Satellite product
            Parameter Category : 0 Image_format_products
                Parameter Name : 7 Cloud_mask
               Parameter Units :
       Generating Process Type : 8
                  ForecastTime : 0