Re: [Fwd: Re: data products covering deep south]

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Doug Lindholm wrote:

> Hi Robb,
>
> Here's the bounding box they are interested in. All they need is an
> estimate of the amount of data. Do you have any thoughts on how to get
> such numbers for their data of interest:
>
> Metars, 1st order
> Metars, 2nd order
> Rawinsondes
> ACARS
>
> No need to bust our butts. I just figured someone here (you?) would be
> able to come up with a better estimate than I could.
>
> Thanks,
> Doug
>
> > Hi Doug,
> >
> > For our region of interest
> >
> > west - Brownsville, TX,
> > east - Mobile, Alabama,
> > south - 80 miles south into the Gulf,
> > north - Louisiana's northern boundary.
> >
> > I got the following latitude and longitude values from maporama.com.
> >
> > Place                       Boundary        (latitude, longitude)
> > Brownsville, TX             West            25� 53' , -97� 29'
> >                                     25.899 , -97.496
> >
> > Mobile, Alabama             East            30� 41' , -88� 3'
> >                                     30.686 , -88.053
> >
> > Louisiana boundary  North           33� 1' , -92� 45'
> >                                     33.027 , -92.758
> >
> > 80 miles into Gulf  South           28� 58' , -92� 23'
> >                                     28.976 , -92.386
> >
> > Region of interest:
> > Latitude:  33� 1' to 28� 58'
> > Longitude: -97� 29' to  -88� 3'

Metar server bounding box:

the bounding box only works on 2 corner points, the lowerLeft (ll)
and the upperRight (ur) of the box. here's a url to obtain the stations in
the requested box:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8088/thredds/ldm/metar?returns=dqc&time=latest&ll=28.976:-97.496&ur=33.027:-88.053

to see the latest reports of stations in box:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8088/thredds/ldm/metar?returns=ascii&time=latest&ll=28.976:-97.496&ur=33.027:-88.053

or xml decoding of report

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8088/thredds/ldm/metar?returns=xml&time=latest&ll=28.976:-97.496&ur=33.027:-88.053

time parameter can be set to: latest, 1hour, 6hour, 12hour, 1day, ... 5day

the current code is still in transition but the above features will still be
available when completed.

could you tell me the difference between the

robb...

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/