Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: GRIB2 cannot be read?] (fwd)]]

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Tom Whittaker wrote:

> Thanks, Robb!!
>
> I don't suppose there is yet an offical, WMO-blessed, definitive
> definition table on the web somewhere that the software could look at if
> it needed to find something that wasn't in its own set?

that would be nice but it's not going to happen

 I hate to think
> we're going to have to keep bugging you everytime someone decides to add
> Yet Another Parameter to the lot...

i'm working on a mechanism where the user can add parameters from an
external table. the general rule is any parameter number above 128 is a
user (local) defined one, so this should cover all the centers using
there own parameters. hopefully this doesn't get out of hand and every
center creating multiple tables especially overloading the numbers.

robb...