Re: P in OPenDAP

T,

Actually its OPeNDAP, not OPenDAP.

And it stands for: Open-source Project for Network Data Access Protocol.

Regarding your question about the capitalization of the letter "P" in the acronym, I think that a more compelling question is: Why is there a lower case "e"?

For quite some time I thought that it was "OpenDAP = Open Data Access Protocol". I was however, misinformed.

As to your final question, I suspect that a violent revolution could be triggered by changing the capitalization of the acronym at this time.

Cheers,

Nathan

PS - I pointed out to James that the opendap.org web site does not contain the expansion of the acronym and he said he would address this oversight.