Re: Serving local netCDF files though DODS

McCann, Mike wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to serve local netCDF files through the agg server and access
them through the DODS API. It is not working.
Here is the contents of my dodsC/catalogConfig.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE catalog SYSTEM
"http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/xml/AggServerCatalog.dtd";>
<catalog name="THREDDS - DODS Aggregation Server Catalog" version="0.6"
xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds"; xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
        <dataset name="AUVCTD mission netCDF files" serviceName="this">
                <service name="this" serviceType="DODS" base=""/>
                <service name="local" serviceType="NetCDF"
base="file:///C:/iagdata/ssds/data/auvctd/missionnetcdfs/"/>
                <dataset name="Non-Aggregated Netcdf Files" dataType="Grid"
serviceName="this">
                        <property name="internalService" value="local"/>
                        <dataset name="2004/2004029/2004.029.03/parosci.nc"
urlPath="2004/2004029/2004.029.03/parosci.nc"/>
                </dataset>
        </dataset>
</catalog>

It validates and passes the debug test, yet when I click on any of the DDS or
DAS
links I get this in my browser:

 kDODServlet ERROR: dods.servlet.DODSServlet.getDataset(Ldods/servlet/ReqState;
Ldods/servlet/GuardedDataset;

I don't see any helpful messages in the log files.

What am I doing wrong? Even some suggestions as to how I may do my own debugging will be helpful.

-Mike

--
Mike McCann Software Engineer
7700 Sandholdt Road