Re: Small THREDDS catalogs and the Proposed new specification for

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi All,<br>
John Caron wrote:<br>
benno:
Benno Blumenthal wrote:
There will be great benefits in switching to the 1.0 spec, as you note
above, esp in connecting to Digital Libaries and providing the raw data
for search services.
interface easily accessible to everyone? </blockquote>
yes, we are working on a editing interface to make this easy.
If one believes the hype then using W3C Schema should also allow for
use of "generic" XML editing tools.&nbsp; <br>
I have used XML Spy (a commercial product) which does validate as you
prepare the instance document.&nbsp; It lets you know via the GUI what
elements and attributes (and restricted attribute values) are available
at any particular level in the instance document, but I'll be the first
to admit it's really a tool to help experts (not novice users) prepare
documents.<br>
Other tools might also work.&nbsp; For example:<br>
<i>Java Swing based XML editor that analyzes a given schema and then
generates a document-specific graphical user interface. Unlike other
XML editors, the XAmple XML editor GUI exposes not just a tree
representation of the XML document but rather a logical combination of
the XML document and respective XML Schema. To be able to prepare valid
XML documents of significant complexity, a user is not required to be
familiar with XML and XML Schema languages and to have any a-priori
knowledge about the documents structural requirements.</i><br>
I have not tried this as yet, but I will be trying it out in
conjunction with the new LAS XML schema we're developing.&nbsp; Anybody else
have experience with this product or others?<br>
Roland<br>