[netcdfgroup] smart ncdump?

Netcdf group:

I find it annoying when ncdump stops if a variable in the -v list
is not found on the file. It would be better if it just printed a
warning and continued. Because of this I have to customize ncdump
commands for different project files.  I could certainly write my
own ncdump code w/ IDL or some other language, but it might help
others if ncdump could be improved in this way. Does anyone know
if such a "smart" ncdump already exists?

--Ben

Ben Foster                      High Altitude Observatory (HAO)
foster@xxxxxxxx                 phone: 303-497-1595  fax: 303-497-1589
Nat. Center for Atmos. Res.     P.O. Box 3000 Boulder CO 80307 USA