Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF on OS X

Hi Roy,

On 6 Nov 2007, at 15:35, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
1.  Install fink

I already use it, that's where g95 came from.. and one of the netcdf attempts.

2,  fink install netcdf-gfortran  (or fink install netcdf-g95)

Failed: no package found for specification 'netcdf-gfortran'!
Failed: no package found for specification 'netcdf-g95'!

I'll assume, then, that you meant to use fink to install those separately?

Well if I install netcdf first, I can't be sure which compiler it will build the fortran libraries for.. so I must add that first?

Can't install gfortran with fink, so (re-) installed g77 (and g95 of course) with fink. Rehashed. Installed fink netcdf again.

No change:

[lea:Working/programs/netcdf_sandbox] ianharri% f77 -o simple_xy_wr simple_xy_wr.f
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_nf_close__
_nf_create__
_nf_def_dim__