Re: Problems setting up netCDF on Windows

"Kwok, Marcus B." <Marcus.Kwok@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
> I am a new user of netCDF.  I am trying to get up and running using
> netCDF on Windows XP.
> First, I downloaded the Windows DLL binaries (version 3.6.1 seems to be
> the most recent one available), but it did not have netcdf.h in it.
> Next, I downloaded the netCDF 3.6.2 source distribution, but it does not
> have the .SLN files needed for compiling with Visual Studio 2005 (or
> 2003).

Try downloading the netCDF snapshot, which has a working set of
solution files for Visual Studio
2003. (

Alternatively install cygwin (which is free software) and build netCDF
under cygwin with --enable-shared to get windows DLLs.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe netcdfgroup, visit: