Re: f90 API question

bm118@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hello,
>
> Hopefully someone can help me out with what should be a very simple
> process.  I've used the f77 API a few times to manipulate netcdf files.
> I've always used a sun with sun's workshop compilers.  To compile I use
> the following syntax which works fine:
>
> f77 -o <outputfilename> <input.f> /usr/local/netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a -
> I/usr/local/netcdf/include
>
> I wanted to try out the f90 API because it seemed cleaner and more
> efficient.  I've been trying to use the first example in the netcdf
> tutorial, simple_xy_wr.f90, but have had no luck.
>
> Setting the location of the module libraries (the newest libraries,
> 3.6.2) with the -M flag, I tried

Howdy!

The first question is: did you build netCDF 3.6.2 from source, and did
"make check" work for you?

If so, go into the nf_test subdirectory, and do:

make clean check

This will rebuild the tst_f90 program, and run it. If this works, then
we know that your program can be made to work too. If not, then your
programs will not work until we get the netCDF F90 tests to work.

Thanks,

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx