netcdf-3.6.2-beta6 released - last beta release of 3.6.2

Howdy all!

I have just release netCDF-3.6.2 beta6. Get it here:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.gz

I believe this will be the final 3.6.2 beta release. Version 3.6.2
will be released in March.

This beta release is well-tested on the many platforms available at
Unidata. If it doesn't work on your platform, please let me know.

Features of the 3.6.2 release (from the netCDF FAQ):

    * support for shared libraries.

    * as much as 22% speedup for applications accessing floats or ints
    on little-endian platforms.

    * permit separate Fortran library, so installations may more
    easily support use of multiple Fortran compilers.

    * changed the C++ interface to use only netCDF-3 interface instead
    of the older netCDF-2 interface, which means on-the-fly numeric
    conversions are supported using get methods in the C++ interface,
    for example you can get data of any numeric type as double.

    * default installation is in /usr/local instead of parent
    directory of source.

    * fixed file size inconsistencies that would occasionally result
    in gratuitous extra bytes at the end of a file.

    * the new NetCDF Tutorial, with example programs in C/F77/F90/C++,
    as another resource for users seeking to understand how to use
    netCDF.

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx