Re: netCDF for c++

"Simone Giannecchini" <simboss1@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi list,
> I am newbie with netcdf programming in c++ but I have quite an
> experience with netcdf for java.
> I downloaded the sources of the latest netcdf library (3.6.1)  I
> opened up the .net project shipped with them (I am working right now
> on an XP box with vc++ .net 2003)  and I build the dll with no
> problems.
> When I play around with the c code, everything works just fine, but as
> soon as I try to use the c++ libraries I get strange compiling errors
> (compiler complains about _ncerr missing definition or something like
> it).
> I dug the mailing and I saw that someone else was experiencing the
> same problem but, unfortunately, no solution seemed to be found. I am
> sure I am missing something, but before digging deeper into the code I
> think it is worth seeing what other people think about this issue.
> Thanks a lot,
> Simone.
> --
> Eng. Simone Giannecchini
> President /CEO GeoSolutions

The challenge is, no one has ever ported the C++ API to the windows
programming environment.

As you noted, I did port the C API to MS Visual Studio, and that

But I have never had the time or the strong need to put the C++ API
under Visual Studio. I don't know how hard it would be to get it
working, perhaps easy, perhaps not, however I am sure that I will not
be able to try to tackle that problem any time soon.

You could just use the C library from C++ on widows, or you can try to
get a visual studio solution together for the C++ API, which would
then produce a C++ library DLL. If you do this, please share your
results with me, and I can make it available in future distributions.

Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe netcdfgroup, visit: