Re: netcdf with fortran-90

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 11:24:31AM -0700, Lindsey, Daniel wrote:
> All,
> I'm attempting to compile netcdf-3.6.1 libraries on a Linux machine; my
> ultimate goal is simply to use a Fortran-90 program to read a netcdf
> file.  Following the install instructions, the following steps were
> seemingly successful:
> configure (I forced the F90 compiler to be pgf90)
> make check
> make install
> The compile result is: undefined reference to nf90_open
> Following some online examples, it appears that I need to add: 'use
> netcdf' at the beginning of the program.  I assume it's looking for
> netcdf.mod (which I found in /netcdf-3.6.1/src/f90), so I copied this to
> my working directory.  But this gives the error:
> Incompatable or old module file ./netcdf.mod
> Any ideas?  I'm guessing the problem is related to this module file, but
> I don't know what else to try.

You are right - you need the netcdf.mod file. A "make install" would
put it into the include directory (which is fine until you need to
segregate the 32-bit and 64-bit versions). Did you check the date on
that .mod file? Was it indeed created during your recent compile?
Did "make check" check the F90 interface?

Kate Hedstrïm       Arctic Region Supercomputing Center
kate@xxxxxxxx       University of Alaska, Fairbanks
Phone: 907-450-8678

To unsubscribe netcdfgroup, visit: