Re: V2 API needed for C++ interface

Philippe Poilbarbe <Philippe.Poilbarbe@xxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
> I did try to compile the netcdf library without the V2 api (due to
> name conflicts) and wanted to use the C++ objects.
> Unfortunately the C++ objets (ncvalues.h, netcdfcpp.h, netcdf.cpp)
> uses definitions and routines belonging to the V2 api.
> Is it planning to migrate the source code or will it disapear in NetCDF V4?
> regards,
> Ph. Poilbarbe

I ran across your old email message while looking for some C++ users
in my mailing list...

Just thought you might like to know that for the upcoming 3.6.2
release, the C++ API is no longer dependent on the V2 API. Deep in
sub-basement 14 C of UCAR Tower #3, Unidata programming drone Russ Rew
has updated the C++ API to use the V3 netCDF API.

Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe netcdfgroup, visit: