Announcing netcdf c++ wrapper library

Hi Group,

netcdf c++ wrapper library is a library around existing netcdf c++ library provided by unidata. It can be downloaded directly from here:
ftp://ftp.gfdl.noaa.gov/pub/fil/netcdflib.tgz

This library introduces a few key modern c++ techniques to class design and interface design. A new class, ONetCDFFile::NcFile, is introduced to make writing a netCDF file much easier based on an existing input netCDF file. This class contains template member functions that copies netCDF variables from input file to output file. It also provides book keeping records of attributes, dimensions, variables copied from one file to another.

ncatt.h and ncatt.cpp captures key methods to copy attributes from a input object (NcFile or NcVar) to an output object. This wrapper uses facade design to provide a unified function interface. It also provides a template member function to easily retrieve value of a given attribute.

ncio.h provides template functions to read and write data from/to a netCDF file. This class is tightly coupled with array.h. array.h is a small and efficient multiple dimension array implementation. Its access methods resembles fortran syntax and can be used very intuitively.

All class and methods reside in namespace 'feiliu' to prevent name collision with other similar libraries.

To build the example, use 'build'. All source codes are ISO c++98 standard compliant.

Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve this library. Thanks!

Fei