Software Request

Dear members,

Has anyone written software that will perform the following?

1. Will input netCDF-formatted files containing point (instead of gridded) data. The data in my case is lightning. Attached is an example of the netCDF file.

2. Will perform either of the following:

(a) Allow me to input a location in latitude/longitude space and determine whether or not any of the lightning strikes (from data contained within the netCDF file) are within X km of the input location.

(b) Allow me to use latitude/longitude values to define a box in horizontal space, then determines whether or not any of the lightning strikes (from data contained within the netCDF file) are within the box.

The software needs to be of command-line type (no GUIs) that operates in a Linux environment.

Sincerely,

Waylon

* Waylon G. Collins Voice: (361)289-0959 * * NOAA/National Weather Service E-Mail: Waylon.Collins@xxxxxxxx *
* 300 Pinson Drive                                                   *
* Corpus Christi, TX 78406                                           *
* USA                                                                *