Re: [netcdf-java] [netcdfgroup] NetCDF jars=>Maven Central Repos?

On 4/27/2010 2:27 PM, Martin Desruisseaux wrote:
Hello all

In case it may be of any use, we are deploying the NetCDF libraries on this Maven repository:

    http://maven.geotoolkit.org/edu/ucar/

The pom.xml files should already have the dependencies defined as accuratly as I can, and also contains metadata like the declaration of MIT license, the links to UNIDATA web site and to the mailing list. So if there us a volunter for uploading those artefact to the central Maven repository, just copying the pom.xml with minor editions would hopefully be okay.

    http://maven.geotoolkit.org/edu/ucar/netcdf/4.1/netcdf-4.1.pom

I'm aware that the University of Florence also deploy the NetCDF libraries, but they use a different groupID ("essi-unidata") and artifactID. The GeoTools project used the "edu.ucar" groupID and "netcdf" artifactID since NetCDF 2.2.20, and it seems to me that "edu.ucar" is closer to the common practice (groupID are often similar to the package names), so I continued on that path for the GeoToolkit project.

The above Maven repository does not provide the grib.jar file, because it depends on jpeg2000.jar and it was not clear to me if the jpeg2000 licence allowed me to distribute it. So I leaved it out for now...

I can can volonter for updating the pom.xml files for future 4.x versions of the NetCDF library, but we would probably need someone else with credential for uploading to the central repo.

    Regards,

        Martin