Re: [netcdf-java] Underscaore as FillValue

Hi Matt:

i assume "become underscore characters" when you use the C program ncdump?

i think thats how ncdump denotes missing data, so it sounds like thats whats supposed to happen.

Matt Foster wrote:
I have been mostly successful in getting some really badly-formed netCDF into CF-compliant netCDF, but I have what seems to be one stumbling block left. The original netCDF has a FillValue specified of -30000., but the variable is defined as a float. When I try to change the _FillValue attribute to -30000.f in my CoordSysBuilder all of the data points that were previously -30000 become underscore characters.

Anyone have an idea as to what's happening?

Thanks

Matt