Re: [netcdf-hdf] NC_NETCDF4 for reads?

robl@xxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Latham) writes:

> Hi
> The manual says NC_MPIIO|NC_NETCDF4 is mandatory, but when I pass that
> to nc_open_par, I get NetCDF: Invalid argument.  If I remove
> NC_NETCDF4, then nc_open_par succeeds.
>
> Looks like nc_open_file needs to add NC_NETCDF4 to the list of valid
> flags.
>
> ==rob
>
> --
> Rob Latham
> Mathematics and Computer Science Division    A215 0178 EA2D B059 8CDF
> Argonne National Lab, IL USA                 B29D F333 664A 4280 315B

Howdy Rob!

This was a documentation error. As we discussed yesterday, the
NC_NETCDF4 flag should not be used on opens, only on creates. The open
detects the type of file, and so does not need the NC_NETCDF4 flag.

I've fixed the docs for the next snapshot.

Thanks!

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx