Re: 20021024: Figured it out...but I don't know why...

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Steve Chiswell wrote:

Gilbert,

The products ASUS43 KCHI which have the PIL identifier
SWRIL are supposed to use "SWRIL " (trailing space padded to
6 characters), however, you are seeing products where they
have omitted the trailing space, and so the LDM identifier
used in the IDD does not contain a /p... tag added by the
pqing ingestor. This means that the way the product is created
at KCHI has changed. This is independent of the ouput
I provided you yesterday from my ingestor which does not use pqing.

Steve,

Keep the LDM as is. As I investigated this further...it is only this product...and I can live without the pattern to narrow it down (I've already removed the .*/pSWR from all my SWR pqact entries). How can we let the NWS know about this glitch?

The trailing space is part of the new NWS format. Update your software accordingly.

4.1.2 Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) Identifier (AI). The AI is in the form:

NNNXXX

where: NNN = specific product category (must be three characters); XXX = three-letter NWS Location Identifier (NWSLI) (originating office or area designator). (This XXX field must contain 3 characters. If only one or two characters are printable, the field must be left justified with the trailing spaces added.)

Daniel Vietor               Mail: devo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unisys Corp                 Title: Engineer/Meteorologist
221 Gale Lane               Phone: 610-925-5206
Kennett Square PA 19348     Fax: 610-925-5215

  • Search the ldm-users archives: