Re: Internet problems at UAlbany

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Jim Koermer wrote:

> One of the reasons that I have been given by our ITS folks is that the
> students have figured our a way to do their large music file swapping on
> ports that avoid the current packet shaper configuration. I can see the
> effect that even during supposedly slow times of the day the network
> bandwidth is now essentially saturated. Our problem will probably
> continue for about 10 days as our ITS person who deals with the packet
> shaper is on vacation.

The latest version of KazAA has figured out a way to get the transfers
through on port 80...effectively making each peering point a web server.

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: