DM server hardware question

Hi all,

My LDM server is a SUN Ultra-5 with 128Mb RAM and a 333 Mhz
UltraSPARC IIi processor.  It's pretty maxed out with the data
flow we have and I am looking to get a newer, more powerful
server.

I am just wondering what types of machines are in use by other
institutions for their LDM servers.  I could easily configure a
server on my own but would rapidly run into high costs,
especially with the SUN servers.  If I had some input as to what
other schools are using I can get a better idea on what we would
need here to stay up with the data flow yet be cost effective.

Thanks in advance!!

Dave

David Fitzgerald
System Administrator