Re: LDM 5.2 won't compile on RedHat 8.0

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, David B. Bukowski wrote:

> wont compile using c89 on linux at least with my experience.  Gil try
> taking the c89 out of all the configure file information and ./configure
> again and then try rebuilding.
> or make sure it uses cc/gcc instead.  worked for me then.
> -dave

How 'bout dat? I've never had that problem before, right up through RH
7.3. But 8.0 uses a different gcc and everything else. Hmmmmm.
Well, in any case, it was cool to see the answer pop up before my own
email came back to me! :-) I did this into my configure file, and sure
enough, with tons of weird pointer errors notwithstanding, it works! :-)

I can go home now. Thanks Dave!

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: