RE: Weather2.admin.niu.edu is back up, I think!

 I was more or less that way at NSBF as well..
have been more conservative at Universal.

-----Original Message-----
> From: Gilbert Sebenste
Cc: 'ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx '
Sent: 8/7/02 6:17 PM

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Robert Mullenax wrote:

>  Thanks Gilbert...I know you catch some grief
> for being on the leading edge all the time, but I think you do
> us all a great service by being that way..sort of
> like our lead beta tester.

Heh. I've always been that way...from back in 1992 when I first got my
hands on a bunch of spankin' new McIDAS floppies through the snail-mail
and wanted to have them on right away to play with it, to LDM 5.2. Most
of
the time, it's been a blast, far exceeding the displeasure of bumps on
the
way (and this one barely registers). Definitely the worst one was Redhat

7.2...I was convinced to switch to another Linux version until this
other
version proved to be so messed up it wouldn't install. At that point,
I just rode out the storm and sailed smoothly into port 7.3. Glad I did.

7.3 is just phenomenal, stable as all get out unless you drop the tower
workstation down 10 flights of stairs! :-)  Already looking forward to
8.0, except for the newly renamed httpd (formerly Apache) that will go
on
it. Supposed to be quite a bit different than Apache. But, we'll see. I
do have a beta machine, more or less, I can try it on, so when I do it,
I'll let you all know what happens!

*******
Gilbert Sebenste
********
Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)
******
Staff Meteorologist, Northern Illinois University
****
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
***
web: http://weather.admin.niu.edu