Re: ADDE

We have been in the process of updating cacimbo over the past two
days. We also had a network outage over the weekend and lost all data
from Sat a.m. to Mon. a.m. Things should be back to normal shortly.

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:36:58 -0600 (CST) Gilbert Sebenste
<sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Paul L. Sirvatka wrote:
>
> > I hope this list is the acceptable forum for this question. If not, please
> > accept my apolgies in advance.
> >
> > I have been having trouble with ADDE servers especially from
> > cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu
> >
> > Has there been routing problems? Also...their satellite had been down for
> > several hours today and many times throughout the last week or so. Of
> > course, so was the unidata ADDE server.
> >
> > Is there a way to know which ADDE servers are down. I see much traffic
> > that reports when LDM servers are down.
> >
> > Paul
>
> The GOES satellite reception will be problematic over the next few weeks.
> First, there's a 3 hour mode where the sun shines right into the
> satellite "iris", so NESDIS shuts the bird off. Second, NOAAPORT goes down
> for about an hour each day for the next few weeks due to the related "sun
> outages" as well.
>
> These messages have been sent regularly on NOAAPORT for the last 2 weeks.
> If they occur at the same time each day, that's probably what you're
> experiencing.

> Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
> E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***
> Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                *

Thomas L. Mote                               tmote@xxxxxxx
Associate Professor of Geography         ph:  706-542-2906
University of Georgia                    lab: 706-542-6060
Athens, GA 30602-2502 USA                fax: 706-542-2388