I apologize if you don't want to see this, but I do know this will be of
interest to quite a few
of you.  Sun will begin shipping x86 based machines running Linux, and will
contributing to the Linux kernel.   This is good news for many people, you
can get high-quality, but fast x86 hardware (likely AMD), and Sun can bring
a more professional approach to Linux and solve some of it's stability, NFS,
and other problems.

This is either a response to the uproar over the end of Solaris x86,
believe me there was an uproar, or this was the plan all along.