Re: OK, this is interesting...

LDM runs fine on 2.4.9 source from ftp.kernel.org for SMP
2 SMP machines with ldm running 2.4.9

Didn't need to recompile LDM at all.  Probably just redhat's buggy compile
or something wasn't selected that should have been.  I agree with the
source compile.  But then again I use debian instead of redhat.  Its
better tho knowing what u compile into your system anyways in my opinion.
-dave