Re: McIDAS AREA FILES???

Just got word from our netops people and they said that we couldn't reach Wisconsin via Abilene, but they were able to manually put in an alternate route into our routers and we now have connectivity. Data is flowing now.

--david

Everything appears fine from our end and we've had no data losses here.  When
Jim sent his first mail we ran a traceroute to his machine, which hung up at
the first hop at Plymouth.

Traceroutes to Illinois, Washington, NH and Colorado were fine at that time.

Traceroute to vortex.plymouth.edu seems to be working fine now also.

David Wojtowicz wrote:

 I was able to ping SSEC from a host on a completely
 different network so they do appear to be up, however I can't reach
 them from on campus here.  I reported it to our netops people and
 they are tracking the problem. Apparently some kind of routing issue
 between here and there.

 --david

 --
 | David Wojtowicz, Sr. Research Programmer
 | Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
 | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
 | email: davidw@xxxxxxxx  phone: (217)333-8390

--
SSEC Data Center            Email:  datacenter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
UW Madison                  Web:    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter

--
| David Wojtowicz, Sr. Research Programmer
| Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
| University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
| email: davidw@xxxxxxxx  phone: (217)333-8390

  • Search the ldm-users archives: