Re: make_lockfile?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, anne wrote:

> "Eric W. Ribble" wrote:
>
> > Hello all -
> >
> > I've made some changes to the ldmd.conf file, and when I try to stop the
> > ldm I'm greeted with the following --
> >
> > (anvil.eas.purdue.edu) [/project/ldm/bin]% ldmadmin stop
> > stopping the LDM server...
> > Apr 10 18:18:54 UTC anvil.eas.purdue.edu : make_lockfile: another
> > ldmadmin process exists
> >
> > Any ideas on how to get around this?

Eric,

The LDM lockfile is a save guard so more than one person can't do
a critical command at the same time,  ie try to start the LDM. If a
critical command is in progress and it's terminated abnormally, ie CNTL C
then the lockfile is still in place.  To remove the lockfile, do

% ldmadmin clean

This removes the lockfile and the ldmd.pid file so now the critical
commands can proceed.

Robb...

> > Cheers -
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > --
> > Eric W. Ribble
> > Purdue University
> > Mesoscale Convection and Tornado Research Group (MCT)
> > eribble@xxxxxxxxxx
> > http://www.eas.purdue.edu/~eribble
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> Did anyone get back to you on this?  There must have been an unclean shut
> down.  Do 'ldmadmin clean' to remove the lock file and the pid file.  (Make
> sure there is no ldm running first.)
>
> Anne
>
> --
> Anne Wilson                     UCAR Unidata Program
> anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  P.O. Box 3000
>                                   Boulder, CO  80307
> Unidata WWW server       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/