Re: [gembud] Limitations of centrally served gempak?

Ooh! Thanks for the reminder of that. I need to check on something else that's going down in flames on gpnexr2_gif image processing.

gerry

Kevin R. Tyle wrote:
Hi Brendon,

I think the # of msg queues by default in CentOS is only 16.

You can up it by editing /etc/sysctl.conf. On our similarly-powered server, we added these lines to that file:

< # Controls the maximum number of message queues
< kernel.msgmni = 256
< kernel.shmall = 4294967296

Then type "sysctl -p" and that should make 256 message queues available to you without needing to reboot.

Note though that I've had issues with failed connections to the x server when multiple clients attempt to access the same x server, causing xw and gf processes to fail. This happens randomly.

--Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator               **********************
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences   ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University at Albany, ES-235                    518-442-4578 (voice)
1400 Washington Avenue                          518-442-5825 (fax)
Albany, NY 12222                                **********************