Re: [galeon] Quick OGC Technical Committee summary

Could we get Andrew to write down what his reasonings are. That would provide a good starting point for discussion. My one concern overall is that we are getting too many standards (when is a standard not a standard?) for oceanographic data - the CSML folk appear to be going to WFS with Xlinks, there are several varieties of SOS, none of which are really interoperable on a practical level (and this is based on my group writing a client that accesses all of them), there are the efforts described here.....

Something to at least ponder.

My $0.02.

-Roy