Re: [galeon] [WCS-2.0.swg] CF-netCDF standards initiatives

Wouldn’t you gain in getting more active in OGC standard groups that try to address the same issues as NetCDF before making up your mind??

Or perhaps OGC should have gotten more involved in existing processes and standards instead of reinventing the wheel, and most importantly ignoring how the community actually uses and thinks about their data.

I am also aware of some of the SWE test beds, and for the purposes of how we use data, have yet to see one that is actually operational (as opposed to on paper) that meets our needs. Several existing community standards and services do indeed meet these, but better we let the spec designers from outside the community decide for us.

Just for info, we have about 20TB of data online and growing, and serve data worldwide,

-roy

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn