Re: [galeon] GALEON-related discussion at the IOOS-DMAC meetings

Hi Ben:

Sorry I missed the meting, as this is not only fascinating but has important ramifications. There are communities now requiring services that are OGC standards, but if this becomes an OGC standard it changes the entire ball game. Steve Hankin suggested awhile back (i never knew quite how serious he was) that OpeNDAP be submitted as an OGC standard. This gets down to the question of how much OGC will require everything to be GML and related questions to which I have no clue.

You know our (my group's) solution to a lot of this are gateways, but this is very intriguing.

-Roy