[galeon] FOSS4G?

Hi again,
Periodically, I get a suggestion that GALEON and THREDDS would be good
candidates for participation in the Free and Open Source Software for
Geospatial (FOSS4G) movement, initiative, project, community, or whatever it
is.  I briefly looked into it one time earlier

http://sites.google.com/site/galeonteam/Home/GALEON%20Phase2%20Main%20Page/Unidata%20OGC%20Interoperability%20Day%20Presentations

but it came up at the recent OGC TC again.

Do any of you have any experience with, thoughts on, or suggestions
regarding whether participating in FOSS4G would indeed be an effective
approach to furthering our particular -- implementation-oriented approach to
interoperability?