Re: [GSN] GSN and GALEON AGU ESSI Focus Group Topics

Hello Ben, GSN, GALEON:

You can count me in to be at a ESSI possible session at Fall AGU. I would
suggest that you indeed propose and lead a session on these interoperability
demos/experiments.

I am not surprised that the GSN-GALEON type of activities attract attention at
this time. After all, virtually all the national and international Earth
Science and Application programs have declared data interoperability and
networking as a major goal.

An AGU session would inform the broader community of the past demos and
possibly attract additional members to actively participate in the future.
Conversely, presentations at an AGU session would force us to organize our
thoughts, formulate our experiences and improve the planning for future
GSN/GALEON activities . Such a session would also show to the major programs
such as GEOSS, that some 'near-term opportunities' for moving toward their
goals are being realized by the community.

So, I would suggest, go for it!

Regards,
Rudy