Re: [cf-satellite] [CF-metadata] data variable has a start time and an end time

Perhaps I do not understand - do you have many observations or a
single observation with a start and end time?

For the former, yYou must use a time coordinate.

http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.5/cf-conventions.html#time-coordinate

regards,
Etienne