20051010: 20051006: 20051005: 20051003: pqact template for GFS conduit data

John,

Observing the CONDUIT latency at your psnldm site:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+psnldm.nsbf.nasa.gov

Our previous assumption that the run started with little latency, but your site
continuously builds latency until you fall way behind is confirmed. This
could either be the bandwidth of your local network, or the limitation
of your firewall

The age of the oldest product available from idd.unidata.ucar.edu is
generally above 8000 seconds, so the 6000 second latency you have is still
receiving the products. About 1.8GB per run is being received by
psnldm which is the entire GFS grid #003 (f000-f180,  3 hourly, ~1.6+GB)
and GFS grid #002 (f192-f384, 12 hourly, ~80MB).

So, it appears that your psnldm machine can get the data now, although almost 2
hours
late by the end of the cycle. This doesn't give any recoverability in the event
of
network outage, but its a start. Hoefully you are seeing your local files
reflect this
result.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport